Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dora Wuyts <do...@hotmail.com> on 2011/05/16 19:27:00 UTC

Problem indexing CSV

I’m pretty
new to Solr and I have a question about indexing data using CSV.

I have a
Blacklight-application running on my Mac 10.6.7 and I configured the schema.xml
and solrconfig.xml in the separate Apache-Solr-directory according to the
guidelines on the Blacklight-website. I have added the RequestHandler to
solrconfig.xml as well. But when I try to index the exemplary document
books.csv (with Solr and the Blacklight script running in the background), I
get an error saying that it came across an undefined field, cat. I assume it’s
not just cat that isn’t recognised as a field.

What should I do to make the
indexing via CSV possible, both for the exemplary document as for further
documents to follow?

Kind
regards