Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Yunjie Ji <jy...@163.com> on 2017/02/28 01:18:33 UTC

Run spark machine learning example on Yarn failed

 After start the dfs, yarn and spark, I run these code under the root
directory of spark on my master host:
`MASTER=yarn ./bin/run-example ml.LogisticRegressionExample
data/mllib/sample_libsvm_data.txt`

Actually I get these code from spark's README. And here is the source code
about LogisticRegressionExample on GitHub:
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/examples/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/examples/ml/LogisticRegressionExample.scala
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/examples/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/examples/ml/LogisticRegressionExample.scala>

Then, error occurs:
`Exception in thread "main" org.apache.spark.sql.AnalysisException: Path
does notexist:
hdfs://master:9000/user/root/data/mllib/sample_libsvm_data.txt;`

Firstly, I don't know why it's `hdfs://master:9000/user/root`, I do set
namenode's IP address to `hdfs://master:9000`, but why spark chose the
directory `/user/root`?

Then, I make a directory `/user/root/data/mllib/sample_libsvm_data.txt` on
every host of the cluster, so I hope spark can find this file. But the same
error occurs again.

Re: Run spark machine learning example on Yarn failed

Posted by Femi Anthony <fe...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried specifying an absolute instead of a relative path ?

Femi

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Or place the file in s3 and provide the s3 path
Kr

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
You do not need to place it in every local directory of every node. Just use hadoop fs -put to put it on HDFS. Alternatively as others suggested use s3