Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com> on 2014/09/26 13:43:49 UTC

[Wiki] Documenting Stratos Debug Logs

I have documented the debug logs that can be used when debugging Stratos in
[1]. Please let me know whether there are anymore logs that can be
mentioned in [1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/Accessing+Debug+Logs

Regards,
Mariangela

Re: [Wiki] Documenting Stratos Debug Logs

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Isuru,

Thanks for your feedback! I updated [1] based on your feedback.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/Enabling+Debugging

Regards,
Mariangela

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
+1. Thanks Isuru for the input and Mari for adding it to wiki.

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Wiki] Documenting Stratos Debug Logs

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
@Reka,

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@apache.org>.
I came up with the following list as general problem detecting mechanism
for a newly spun cartridge (which is not getting activated, etc). Please
review and add any missing information:

   1. SSH to the cartridge instance
   2. If the deployment is puppet based, check if the puppet log [1] to see
   if it has any errors
   3. If there are no errors found under step2, check the cartridge agent
   log [2] to see if it has any errors
   4. If there are no errors found under step3, check the general
   extensions log [3], to see if each of the individual extensions have been
   executed, and if there are any errors.

[1]. /tmp/puppet_log

[2]. /var/log/apache-stratos/cartridge-agent.log

[3]. /var/log/apache-stratos/cartridge-agent-extensions.log

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,

Re: [Wiki] Documenting Stratos Debug Logs

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Great job Mari!