Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by anutest <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/11 06:59:35 UTC

How can I upload XML files using JMETER to any destination

Hi All,

I wanted to know the way how to upload XML files using JMETER to any
destination.(Destination machine can have machanism to receive XML files
after installing Apache server)

Please suggest me on this.I have to implement this in my project immediately

Thanks Inadvance,
Anu

Re: How can I upload XML files using JMETER to any destination

Posted by siva_krishna <si...@semanticspace.com>.
Hi Anu,

You can upload any file using JMETER by adding FTPRequest sampler to the
Thread Group. After adding it, please specify the FTP Server name along with
port number,  user name and password and select PUT method as you wanted to
upload file. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Siva

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/12/2009, anutest <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  I wanted to know the way how to upload XML files using JMETER to any
>  destination.(Destination machine can have machanism to receive XML files
>  after installing Apache server)
>
>  Please suggest me on this.I have to implement this in my project immediately

JMeter supports both HTTP POST and FTP PUT - please see the manual for details.

Posted by Carl Shaulis <cs...@homeaway.com>.
Hello,

This sampler works well for submitting XML for SOA applications (REST or
SOAP).  You can even parameterize the XML to pull in random values.

Good luck,

Carl