Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com> on 2010/03/30 23:31:06 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Azkaban is now open source!

    Many of you that attended the Bay Area HUG meeting in January* wanted to
know if and when LinkedIn would be open sourcing our simple batch scheduler
for Hadoop.  I'm pleased to announce that, yes, Azkaban is now available
under the Apache License!

        http://sna-projects.com/azkaban/

    For those that aren't familiar, Azkaban is LinkedIn's solution to
running multiple, scheduled batch jobs (workflows) against our Hadoop grids.
It supports dependency chains, a web UI, job upload capability, Pig,
external-to-Hadoop steps, and more.

    While the project is still in its infancy, we have been using it
successfully for a variety of uses for about 9 months.  It drives some of
our most complex job flows and manages our ETL processes.

    We look forward to any questions/comments/bugs/features/patches you
might have.

* - slides and video of the January HUG are available here:

    http://bit.ly/4Wjf6f

<http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2010/01/hadoop_bay_area_january_201
0_u.html>