Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Timothy Mcginnis <tm...@aessuccess.org> on 2010/08/27 15:56:46 UTC

release plugin rollback and subversion

Hello,

I am trying to use Subversion with Maven for the first time.  For the past
two years I have been using CVS.

My situation is that I run a "release:prepare" successfully.  Then I need
to run a "release:rollback" to fix something.  When I try to run the
"release:prepare" again I get an error saying the path already exists in
my subversion repository.  And if I go check in there is definitely a tag
in subversion for the release.  Do I have to manually tell subversion to
remove the tag?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for the above addressees only.  If you
receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or attachments.

The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal prosecution of any individual engaging
in the unauthorized use of this message.

Re: release plugin rollback and subversion

Posted by Timothy Mcginnis <tm...@aessuccess.org>.
Okay, thanks Brett.  Now, can you take a look at my email in the Archiva
list?

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA

From:
"Brett Porter" <br...@apache.org>
To:
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
Date:
08/27/2010 10:55 AM
Re: release plugin rollback and subversion
Sent by:
"Brett Porter" <br...@porterclan.net>

Yes, it's a known issue that rollback doesn't remove any created tags. You
should remove it manually.

- Brett

On 27/08/2010, at 11:56 PM, Timothy Mcginnis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Subversion with Maven for the first time.  For the
past
> two years I have been using CVS.
>
> My situation is that I run a "release:prepare" successfully.  Then I
need
> to run a "release:rollback" to fix something.  When I try to run the
> "release:prepare" again I get an error saying the path already exists in

> my subversion repository.  And if I go check in there is definitely a
tag
> in subversion for the release.  Do I have to manually tell subversion to

> remove the tag?  Or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Tim McGinnis
> 717 720-1962
> Web Development
> AES/PHEAA

> This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
for the above addressees only.  If you
> receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message
and/or attachments.

> The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and
criminal prosecution of any individual engaging
> in the unauthorized use of this message.

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.