Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Stocker, Walter" <Wa...@t-systems.com> on 2002/11/28 12:02:58 UTC

Problem with Tomcat 4 installation

Hello,

i've tried to install my Axis 1.0 Webservices on Tomcat 4.1.12 with JDK 1.4.1. My jar-Files
including the Webservices are compilde with JDK 1.3.1, but i thought there is upwards
compatibility between jdk 1.3.1 and jdk 1.4.1?!

After starting Tomcat 4.1.12 i got the following exception in commons-discovery.jar while
tomcat deploys the application to the working dir.

2002-11-28 12:28:11 ContextConfig[/soc] Exception processing JAR at resource pat
h /WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource path /WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:243)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:166)

----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid TLD resource path /WEB-INF/lib/commons-discovery.jar
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:898)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScan(ContextConfig.java:868)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:647)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:243)

Is there anyone who had similar problem and can help me?

ThanX in advance!

cu /Walter

Dipl. Inform. (FH) Walter Stocker
T-Systems
Systems Integration
T-Systems Nova GmbH
Division Bamberg EP1
IT Software Developer
Address: Memmelsdorfer Str. 209a, 96052 Bamberg
Phone: +49 (0951) 4097-146
Fax: +49 (0951) 4097-200
E-Mail: mailto:Walter.Stocker@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com/