Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Patrick Duflot <pd...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/08 10:43:33 UTC

Axis2 simple http server memory management

Hi list,

I did a long-run test with the axis2 simple http server and the echo sample
client invoking the echo service every 3 seconds.
I saw the memory usage going from 4MB to 30MB then back to 10MB and then
again to 40MB. Now that I stopped the client from polling the service,
memory usage is as low as 80KB.

NB : I am running Windows XP SP2

What is axis2 http server memory management policy ?
Can we have some control over it ?

A couple of related question :
How does it behaves with memory fragmentation ?
And the most importatnt one : Is Axis2 simple http server production ready ?

Thank you

Patrick

Re: Axis2 simple http server memory management

Posted by Nandika Jayawardana <ja...@gmail.com>.
Usually, production deployment using axis2_http_server.exe is not
encouraged. We recommend using either Apache2 module or IIS module that
comes with axis2c for production deployment.

axis2_http_server.exe and axis2_tcp_server.exe manage memory by cleaning up
the allocated memory at the end of processing each request. There could be
some memory leaks which accumulate with the number of requests handled and
cause the growing memory usage issue.

You should be able to track the memory leaks using valgrind. On Windows
platform , you can use a tool like purify to check for memory leaks.

Regards
Nandika

--
http://nandikajayawardana.blogspot.com/
WSO2 Inc: http://www.wso2.com

Re: Axis2 simple http server memory management

Posted by Martin Benedix <mb...@plusserver.de>.