Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Edward Tse <Ed...@openrice.com> on 2014/04/17 16:43:02 UTC

SolrCloud not updating clusterstate.json

Hi,

Would appreciate any pointers by experts reading this list.

We have on our SolrCloud 4.6.1 cluster, it has stopped updating
clusterstate.json in Zookeeper after restarted one node.  Seems like the
overseer process has stopped, because we cannot see a
/overseer_elect/leader file in zookeeper.  Because the clusterstate.json
is not updating, active leader in clusterstate.json points to a dead
node, hence no index update can be performed on the cluster.

Is there a way to force a restart of the overseer process, or force a
re-election?  Maybe some special logs we can switch on to help us
troubleshoot this issue?

This is production deployment so we would like to avoid a full stop and
restart of all nodes if possible.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Edward