Posted to user@ant.apache.org by madhuvanti joshi <j_...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/20 07:53:09 UTC

Putting -verbose option 'on' and 'off' during ANT build

Hi,

I am running an ANT script with -verbose option. It
gives me additional information in log file. I need to
put it 'OFF' while the script is running and then
again make it 'ON' as I want to make sure certain
information is not logged.
Is there any way to do this in ANT scripting? Like, in
batch file we can say '@echo on' or 'echo off'.

Thanks in Advance.

-Madhu.

Re: Putting -verbose option 'on' and 'off' during ANT build

Posted by Ben Stringer <be...@burbong.com>.
On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 22:53 -0700, madhuvanti joshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an ANT script with -verbose option. It
> gives me additional information in log file. I need to
> put it 'OFF' while the script is running and then
> again make it 'ON' as I want to make sure certain
> information is not logged.
> Is there any way to do this in ANT scripting? Like, in
> batch file we can say '@echo on' or 'echo off'.

Yes - use the <record> task. You can start it (action=start) when your
build starts, then stop it at the part you want the verbose logging, and
immediately start it again with loglevel=verbose. Then stop it, and
restart it with loglevel set below verbose (you may need to experiment
with this to see what level is appropriate).

> Thanks in Advance.

Welcome.

Cheers, Ben

ANT script fails to run when path contains '!'

Posted by madhuvanti joshi <j_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All,

I have a batch file through which I am calling ANT
script. Before calling ANT script, I am setting
CLASSPATH through batch file to the path containing
ANT libraries and product.

Although CLASSPATH has been set properly when I have a
'!' in the path ( e.g. C:\Program
Files\Some!Path\AntMainDir), ANT script fails with
return code 3 (on windows - path not found) with build
exception "Can't load default task list". (It does not
find
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties)

I want to know why it is not finding the path when it
contains '!'? (If I remove'!' from Some!Path then
everything works fine.)

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Madhu,

look at the record task.