Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ian Tindale <ia...@clara.co.uk> on 2002/05/31 18:40:10 UTC

How is it possible to remove 'files' from a war file?

I'm following the procedure for installing Cocoon 2.0.2 with Tomcat 4.0.3 with j2sdk1.4.0 and in the instructions it mentions to:

*  Remove xalan-XXX.jar, xercesImpl-XXX.jar, batik-libs-XXX.jar, and xml-apis.jar from the cocoon.war archive.

However, although I've found the war file specified, it's only a (large) single file. No explanation is supplied as to how it is possible to remove anything from inside it. Or am I looking at the wrong thing?

This is on Mandrake 8.2 btw.

Cheers.

--
Ian Tindale

RE: How is it possible to remove 'files' from a war file?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Ian Tindale [mailto:iandeli@clara.co.uk]
>
> On Friday 31 May 2002 5:43 pm, Lajos Moczar wrote:
> > mkdir temporarydirectory
> > cd temporarydirectory
> > jar xvf $PATH_TO/cocoon.war
> > rm WEB-INF/lib/xalan-XXX.jar etc.