Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Emmanuel Touzery <em...@lit-transit.com> on 2019/09/23 05:58:17 UTC

is tomee8 for evaluation only?

Hello,

     on the download page for TOMEE, there was a for a time this message
related to tomee8:

    Note: Please note the 8.0.0 release is a milestone release intended
    for evaluation purposes and should not be used in production.

     But as of now, this message is not visible anymore on the download
page. I also can't track any official tomee8 announcement to confirm
whether that message still holds or not. Can a tomee developer confirm
whether tomee8 is appropriate or not for production environments? If
it's not, I guess the plan is that 8.0.1 would be appropriate then?

     Thank you and regards,

Emmanuel

Re: is tomee8 for evaluation only?

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
We didn't release it for 8.0.0 because there was an issue with it, and we
haven't really seen a lot of activity/demand for it for a long time. It's
good to hear that it's still being used. I believe Jean-Louis has found a
fix for your issue, and I see no reason why we couldn't release an 8.0.1
including the standalone server fairly quickly.

Jon

Posted by Bruce Beaumont <Br...@makro.co.za>.
Related question

Will there be an OpenEJB standalone build for version 8

On 2019-09-25, 12:43, "Jonathan Gallimore" <jo...@gmail.com>

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.