Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeevanandam <je...@myjeeva.com> on 2012/04/23 16:14:26 UTC

Re: Using two repeater to rapidly switching Master and Slave (Replication)?

On 23-04-2012 10:28 am, A Vorderegger wrote:
> This setup would be highly convenient and perfect for the purpose of
> failing over the Master role however it does not work for me.
> Resolving
> http://slave_host:port/solr/replication?command=enablepoll I am met
> with:
> configured</str>
> no matter what order I enable polling / replication in. I am
> confident that
> I have setup my solrconfig.xml file exactly as described. Could you
> please
> further describe how this setup is successfully achieved? Thanks in
> advance

can you please share your repeater configuration (just replication
handler definition)?

It looks like, on slave host; master is enabled.

and on master executing enablepoll command, will result into

<response>
<lst name="responseHeader">
<int name="status">0</int>
<int name="QTime">2</int>
</lst>
<str name="status">ERROR</str>
<str name="message">No slave configured</str>
</response>

-Jeevanandam