Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by King JKing <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 02:39:07 UTC

Hbase Memory

Dear all,

I use default configuration of HBase. That is 1000MB.

<name>hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.upperLimit</name>
<value>0.4</value>

<name>hbase.regionserver.global.memstore.lowerLimit</name>
<value>0.35</value>

But the memory used by HBase process is 1121MB? Anything wrong?
Thanks for support.

Re: Hbase Memory

Posted by Sean Bigdatafun <se...@gmail.com>.
I guess you meant that your  JVM heapsize was set as 1024MB, but you are
wondering why you saw 1121MB during your "top".

I guess JVM memory consumption is not only heapsize, therefor your real JVM
memory consumption would be "1024 + JVM non-heap size"

Anyone with more JVM background to explain?

Thanks,
Sean

--
--Sean