Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by miim <xx...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/23 16:21:55 UTC

Shared memory - Data between threads

I used a mutex in implementing mod_spamhaus, mod_sorbscheck and mod_torcheck to maintain consistency across threads.  I have not seen problems since.

I found the Apache mutex code to be somewhat opaque, so I wrote my own.  I did find that "interesting" but after several revisions I had something I could return to later on and still understand, and (possibly more importantly) I felt it would be fairly clear to an unsophisticated reader.

http://www.miim.com/software/linux/index.shtml