Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/03/13 00:33:03 UTC

Re: Problems with recent changes in James CVS probably Cornerstone connections

At 05:34  12/3/01 +0000, Charles Benett wrote:
>Neither of these were happening before and the pre-connections code
>still works fine, so I guess this is from the new connections code.  But
>I thought the rationale for replacing the (cornerstone) sockets code
>with the (cornerstone) connections code was that connections was
>better??

I think it was the timer code rather than connection/sockets code - and yes
that was not 100% tested ;) However it was less "featureful" than the other
two implementation that were written. However if you look at the TODO list
it is broken in one area (when there is lots of reset calls) - which James
happened to stress test ;)

Cheers,

Pete