Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Roytman, Alex" <ro...@peacetech.com> on 2000/09/26 19:02:46 UTC

Passing parameters of unknown (to xalan) type to Xalan processor. Instantiating XObject

I am using parameters to pass different class instances to xalan processor
using
processor.setStylesheetParam("httpContext", new XObject(httpContextState));

in stylesheet I use those parameters to initialize my extentions (which are
stateless wrappers designed to work with the state they receive from a xalan
parameter)

<xsl:variable name="httpContextOk" select="http:init($httpContext)"/>

My concern is whether it is proper way of doing it. I use XObject (which has
UNKNOWN type) to pass my instances not one of the subclasses (like XString
...) Is it permitted to pass XObject and not one of the concrete subclasses?
Right now it works just fine but will it work the same way in future
versions (may be XObject will become abstract ...)

Thank you in advance

Alex Roytman