Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Preslar <mi...@lordlegacy.com> on 2006/06/08 00:36:10 UTC

RE: Apache::Constants (and now startup script)

Actually, I found that

1) My host lied. MP1 is not installed. MP2 is.

2) Instead of Apache::Constants, I have Apache::Const

And finally.. The new part to this email thread..

I added
	PerlRequire /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/startup.pl

To httpd.conf

And startup.pl contains: (Taken from O'Reilly's "Practical mod_perl" ..
Forgive the leading spaces, its to prevent outlook from capitalizing
strings. Blah.)

 use strict;
 use warnings;

 use lib qw(/home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/perllib);
 $ENV{MOD_PERL} or die "not running under mod perl!";

 use Apache::Registry();

 use Carp();
 $SIG{__WARN__} = \&Carp::cluck;

 use CGI();
 CGI->compile(':all');

Yet, Apache wont restart with this new configuration, nor is there
anythign in the logs pointing to anything wrong (It's a Plesk managed
server, and all the plesk logs had to say was :

	websrvmng: Service httpd failed to start

Any ideas?

--
Michael Preslar
Engineer

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 17:36 -0500, Michael Preslar wrote:
>  use Apache::Registry();

In mod_perl 2, that would be ModPerl::Registry.

> Yet, Apache wont restart with this new configuration, nor is there
> anythign in the logs pointing to anything wrong

It would be printing to STDERR when you run apachectl start.

- Perrin