Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by fahim01 <fa...@yahoo.com> on 2017/07/21 14:12:42 UTC

java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.setXid

i have ActiveMQ cluster(Horizontal)  setup deployed on Weblogic Server, using
GFS for persistent store with Master/Slave setup, it works well with only
Master Node running but when i start Slave node the Master Node start
throwing following exceptions in weblogic managed server .out logs.. i have
take this issue up with oracle as well following is there response:
***Oracle Support***

Hi,

1) No sure why its running fine master node and facing issue with slave
node.
 Since the error getting triggered from the MQ code, I cannot comment much
on the same. Please let me know whether you checked with your application
team.
 What's their comment regarding the exception reported? Please keep me
posted . Thank you.

2)   I have gone through the Server log provided on this Service request and
verified the case.

 As per the log, the EJB exception caused due to the Null pointer exception,
which getting triggered from the MQ code. Suggest you to check with the
application regarding the same.

 java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.setXid
 Regards,
 Vaisakh.S
*****************
******App Development Team****

Looks like it’s this bit of code that is causing the null pointer. I’ve
tracked down the full stack trace which indicates the line highlighted
below, this.connection must be null. This is all ActiveMQ internals though,
nothing custom with application.

 private void setXid(Xid xid) throws XAException {

 try {
 this.connection.checkClosedOrFailed();
 this.connection.ensureConnectionInfoSent();
 } catch (JMSException e) {
 disassociate();
 throw toXAException(e);

****************************
Following logs are taken from weblogic managed .out logs

<20-May-2017 18:14:31 o'clock BST> <Warning> <JNDI> <BEA-050006> <An attempt
was made to look up versioned object
&quot;SPGSessionFacadeLookup#uk.co.bconline.ndelius.facade.SPGSessionFacade&quot;
from an external client or another application. This can potentially cause
in-flight work of the application version not being tracked properly and
thus being retired prematurely.>
 FATAL 2017-May-20 18:14:31,710 NDeliusException:276 - UNKNOWN/ANONYMOUS
USER - Check log for access. This is usually an External Interface Systems
User. Error Code: APPERR031
 Internal Description: An unknown exception has occurred
 SenderIdentity: SPG
 SenderControlReference: 20646549686400
 Stack Trace Follows:
 *****
 [SPGMS_004]
 uk.co.bconline.ndelius.exception.NDeliusApplicationException:
javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: EJB Exception: :
javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: EJB Exception: :
javax.transaction.SystemException: start() failed on resource
'org.apache.activemq.ra.LocalAndXATransaction': XAER_RMERR : A resource
manager error has occured in the transaction branch
 javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Unexpected Exception for XAResource
'org.apache.activemq.ra.LocalAndXATransaction':nulljava.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.setXid(TransactionContext.java:676)
 at
org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.start(TransactionContext.java:367)

 at
org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.setXid(TransactionContext.java:676)
 at
org.apache.activemq.TransactionContext.start(TransactionContext.java:367)

Any help will be highly appreciated please