Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Pitchford <st...@metalogicplc.com> on 2002/04/30 19:11:33 UTC

table-footer at foot of table problem

Hello.

Please excuse me if this has already been asked - I've trawled through
the archives and read the FAQ to try to find an answer, but to no avail.

I am using a table with a fixed height, and a table-footer element.
I may be missing something, but I would like to have the footer at
The bottom of the table, rather than after the last table row in the
body section. Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

( I've included an example in case I haven't explained myself clearly )

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Example fo xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

	<fo:layout-master-set>
		<fo:simple-page-master master-name="example"
margin-top="10mm" margin-bottom="10mm" margin-left="10mm"
margin-right="10mm" page-width="170mm" page-height="170mm">
			<fo:region-body/>
		</fo:simple-page-master>
	</fo:layout-master-set>

	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="example">

		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:table border="1pt solid black"
height="100mm" table-layout="fixed">
				<fo:table-column column-width="100mm"/>
				<fo:table-header>
					<fo:table-row>
						<fo:table-cell>
							<fo:block>
								Header
							</fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
					</fo:table-row>
				</fo:table-header>
				<fo:table-footer>
					<fo:table-row>
						<fo:table-cell>
							<fo:block>
								Footer
							</fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
					</fo:table-row>
				</fo:table-footer>
				<fo:table-body>
					<fo:table-row>
						<fo:table-cell>
							<fo:block>
								Body
							</fo:block>
						</fo:table-cell>
					</fo:table-row>
				</fo:table-body>
			</fo:table>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

this produces a pdf kind of like the following:

+-------------------+
|Header             |
|Body               |
|Footer             |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
+-------------------+

whereas what I would really like is:

+-------------------+
|Header             |
|Body               |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|                   |
|Footer             |
+-------------------+

This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this message
in error please contact the sender by return e-mail and delete the
message from your computer.

Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are
not given or endorsed by Metalogic PLC unless otherwise clearly
indicated in this message and the authority of the author to bind
Metalogic is duly verified.

Metalogic PLC accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the
context of this message which arise as a result of internet
transmission.

Re: Attribute's effect in nested fo:inline

Posted by Ramesh Suribhatla <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mr. Ralf,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I will have to
take care that those attributes are carried on to
inner fo:inline to get the desired effect.

Regards,
Ramesh

(http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#vertical-align).
> So FOP just sticks to the rules...
>

> Ralf

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com

Re: Attribute's effect in nested fo:inline

Posted by Ralf Steppacher <st...@esteam.de>.

Posted by Ramesh Suribhatla <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I am using FOP 0.20.2. I am having a problem while
applying 'text-decoration' and 'vertical-align'
attributes to a nested fo:inline. I have some text
content in the inner fo:inline where the effect of the
above attributes is not being seen, when they are
specified in the outer fo:inline. If content is in the
fo:inline where the attributes are specified, things
are working fine. Please see in the examples below.

But, it is working fine for 'color' attribute, the
effect of which is being shown on inner fo:inline
content even if the attribute is specified in outer
fo:inline.

<fo:inline text-decoration="underline" color="blue">
   <fo:inline font-weight="bold">
     Text to be underlined
   </fo:inline>
</fo:inline>

<!-- Java with TM as superscipt -->
<fo:block color="blue">
  Java
  <fo:inline  vertical-align="super" >
    <fo:inline font-size="8pt">
      TM
    </fo:inline>
  </fo:inline>
</fo:block>

Are these things still to be implemented in FOP? If
so, how soon can we expect this? Please let me know
about this, so that I can code my program to add the
attribute to the inner fo:inline. Also, is there any
other way to get this?

Thanks,
Ramesh