Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Alberich de megres <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/05 19:33:26 UTC

Re: Newbie point to start

Retaking this thread,
and sorry to insist:

using the wiki steps to run hdfs leads to a:
Hadoop common not found

Re: Newbie point to start

Posted by Alberich de megres <al...@gmail.com>.
sorry, i paste the wrong message:

bin/start-dfs.sh: line 50: /bin/hadoop-daemon.sh: file dont' exists

I was asking if it was possible to run hdfs without hadoop files,
onlye with files on the svn repo (or this git mirror):
http://github.com/apache/hadoop-hdfs.git

thanks!!