Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by William Hoover <wh...@nemours.org> on 2007/07/12 14:49:58 UTC

[Trinidad] Submit PPR On Enter

Is there a way invoke a PPR call for a <tr:inputText /> when the enter key is pressed?

For Example (I know "submitOnEnter" is not a valid attribute- just illustration):

Re: [Trinidad] Submit PPR On Enter

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.
Until then, you could call your own function in onkeyup that checked for
Enter key being hit, and caused a hidden commandButton (one per inputText
that needed this feature) to be pressed which would perform the PPR.  You'd
likely not be able to easily use defaultCommand with this solution though.

On 7/12/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> currently the PPR function is *rendered* out to onchange, to cause the
> PPR, when you tab out.
>
> We could add this for onkeyup event, when no defaultCommand is set on
> form and check inside if ENTER was the pressed key. Sounds like an
> enhancement request ?
>
> -Matthuas
>
> On 7/12/07, William Hoover <wh...@nemours.org> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply!
> >
> > I have considered using defaultCommand on the form, but I have a form
> that has multiple <tr:inputText /> each having it's own call to a backing
> bean method. They are all in the same form because they share other common
> fields within it.
> >
> > Any other suggestions?

Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com