Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2003/10/29 23:52:30 UTC

Forcing pipeline caching?

Is there any way to force a pipeline result to be cached?

My application reads some xml documents from a database, and though they are
dynamically read from the DBMS, their content is static.  That is, the dbms
is just a convenient replacement for a filesystem for storing these
documents.

So for performance reasons, it would be great if there was a way for me to
force the output of such a database-sourced pipeline to be cached?

Any way to do this?

Thx!

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: Forcing pipeline caching?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:
> Is there any way to force a pipeline result to be cached?
>
> My application reads some xml documents from a database, and though they are
> dynamically read from the DBMS, their content is static.  That is, the dbms
> is just a convenient replacement for a filesystem for storing these
> documents.
>
> So for performance reasons, it would be great if there was a way for me to
> force the output of such a database-sourced pipeline to be cached?
>
> Any way to do this?

...there always is ;)

are you using esql or the sql transformer?
--
Torsten