Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by gunther <gu...@extropia.com> on 2004/10/02 15:20:27 UTC

PerlEx and mod_perl

I apologize if this has been posted here before, but I don't recall
seeing it.

The ActiveState guys recently posted that they are stopping all
development (although support will continue through March 2005) on PerlEx.

http://www.activestate.com/Products/PerlEx/

For those that are not aware, PerlEx is very similar to mod_perl and
even uses a modified version of Apache::Registry to manage scripts run
through it. I mention this news in case anyone who has experience in
mod_perl and Windows versions of Perl is interested in helping the newly
orphaned come over to the mod_perl side as a natural, eventual course of
migration.