Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by to...@gmail.com on 2009/11/11 15:58:28 UTC

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Chris,

  I haven't tried load balancing with external Tomcat server but I think
same will be work with trunk also.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Christopher Snow <
snowch@snowconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Anil,
>
> Do Vignesh's instructions also work for trunk?  If not, is there any
> documentation on how to do this in trunk?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> Anil Soni wrote:
>
>> Vignesh, same thing can also be done on embedded Tomcat also, we've
>> successfully implemented this on trunk.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Anil Soni
>> Anil.Soni@lntinfotech.com
>> Tel : 91-22-6795 4324
>> Mobile : 9930302283

Anil Soni
+91-9930302283cell

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Well, the statement was trying to find whether the workers.properties on
windows and linux machine are the same.
Assuming this is the case:

Did you try connectivity to you OFBiz servers, i.e. what's the result of:
> telnet 172.17.88.196 8006
> telnet 172.17.88.52 8009
when executed from the Apache on Windows server and from the Apache on the
Linux box?

Can you also possibly check using a traceroute whether there is a firewall
inbetween your linux machine and your ofbiz instances?

Regards

Carsten

2009/11/12 <Ne...@lntinfotech.com>

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Culd you please elaborate upon your statement,"Are you sure you copied
> over the very same workers.properties (the config
> for mod_jk) ? " ? I could not understand it well...
>
> Here are my configuration files..
> workers.properties
>
> worker.worker2.port=8006
> worker.worker2.host=172.17.88.196
> worker.worker2.type=ajp13
> worker.worker2.lbfactor=100
> worker.worker2.redirect=worker1
>
> worker.worker1.port=8009
> worker.worker1.host=172.17.88.52
> worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> worker.worker1.lbfactor=1
> worker.worker1.redirect=worker2
>
> worker.list=worker1, worker2, loadbalancer
> worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
> worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=worker1, worker2
>

> httpd.conf :
>
> LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
> JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
> JkShmFile     logs/mod_jk.shm
> JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log
> JkLogLevel    info
> JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] "
>
> httpd-vhosts.conf         ------- i have used virtual hosting for
> switching of application between secured and non-secured ports.
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName 172.17.88.52:80
> JkMount /* loadbalancer
> JkMount /*/control/* loadbalancer
> </VirtualHost>
>

> On windows, everything is working great along with session replication.
> If i have OFBiz code base on linux servers and APache Http Server on
> windows, even then all works fine
> But if i have APache http server on linux, it does not connect to OFBiz
> server.
> I am not able to find the problem . Please help me out, i am stuck up
> here...
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Neha Mehta

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Posted by Ne...@lntinfotech.com.

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.
Hi Neha,

2009/11/12 <Ne...@lntinfotech.com>

> I have successfully load balanced OFBiz on Windows XP, but i am facing
> problem, when Apache http Server is on Linux machine.
> I feel there is problem with mod_jk.so connectivity. Could you please let
> me know, is mod_jk.so platform dependent?? Will the same mod.jk.so that i
> used for Windows work on Linux too??

Well, actually, the .so files are OS dependant binary libraries, so re your
last question: No.

Are you sure you copied over the very same workers.properties (the config
for mod_jk) ? Could you possibly post it here, along with a list of your
"backend" systems, i.e. ofbix instances so folks can review and assist?

Did you check connectivity from the Linux-based Apache Server using telnet
on AJP port?

Thanks & regards

Carsten

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Posted by Ne...@lntinfotech.com.
Hi,

I have successfully load balanced OFBiz on Windows XP, but i am facing
problem, when Apache http Server is on Linux machine.
I feel there is problem with mod_jk.so connectivity. Could you please let
me know, is mod_jk.so platform dependent?? Will the same mod.jk.so that i
used for Windows work on Linux too??

Thanks & Regards,
Neha Mehta
Software Engineer (A-1-1)
Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
Cell: +91 97694 72267
Email-id: neha.mehta@Lntinfotech.com
EL-200, TTC Electronic Zone,
Shil Mahape Road,
Navi Mumbai, 400710
T: +91 022 67954324
India +0530 UTC/GMT

**********************************************************************************************************************
The most beautiful thing is to see a person smiling…
And even more beautiful is knowing that you are the reason behind it!!!
  Be a reason for others to smile
HAVE A NICE DAY AHEAD......
**********************************************************************************************************************

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>
11/12/2009 04:05 AM
Please respond to
<us...@ofbiz.apache.org>; Please respond to
Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>

<us...@ofbiz.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing -
Howto

Hi Carsten,

Keep up the good work , I have added a link from the FAQ (Production
section)

Thanks

Jacques

From: "Carsten Schinzer" <c....@googlemail.com>
I've added Vignesh's short guide here:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/Physical+Architecture+patterns+for+OFBiz

Since that's the place I think it may belong.
Alternatively (especially if people think this should be a separate HOWTO
guide), we could add this as a separate document and add a reference to it
on the abovementioned doc.

let me know

Regards

Carsten

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Carsten,

From: "Carsten Schinzer" <c....@googlemail.com>

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer

Waisenhausstr. 53a
80637 München
Germany

Re: OFBiz4.0 clustering,session replication, failover and load balancing - Howto

Posted by Carsten Schinzer <c....@googlemail.com>.

--

Best

Carsten Schinzer