Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Adam Ograbisz <ne...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/01 09:24:51 UTC

error while opening 'revisions' table

I was getting an error number of 160029 when I viewed my repository
via web browser.  Some searching suggested I run the svnadmin recover
command:

>svnadmin recover e:\berkeleydb\repos
Repository lock acquired.
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
svn: bdb: e:/berkeleydb/repos/db\revisions: unexpected file type or format
svn: bdb: Recovery function for LSN 1374 197525 failed
svn: bdb: PANIC: Invalid argument
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery
svn: bdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

>svnadmin lstxns e:\berkeleydb\repos
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening 'revisions' table for filesystem
e:/berkeleydb/repos/db:
Invalid argument
svn: bdb: e:/berkeleydb/repos/db\revisions: unexpected file type or format

At this point it appears that this file is corrupted.  We take nightly
backups of the berkelydb directory, during non-working hours.  Will I
have to revert to the previous nights backup, or is there some way I
can salvage the revisions that took place during the day yesterday?
How do I go about rebuilding the database from scratch if that is
necessary, and maintain the same revision numbers.

I need to apply hundreds of revisions from the development to the
production branch today.  I can do this on the backup, but I would
like to get this issue resolved before I resort to that.

Thanks,
Adam Ograbisz