Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Henry Rappaport <he...@hento.ca> on 2013/07/02 21:22:56 UTC

Page numbers

Does anyone know how to begin page numbering at a certain number within a multi page document. I want to start at page 3 which is actually about 8 pages into my document.

thanks
Henry Rappaport

Re: Page numbers

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:22:56 -0000, Henry Rappaport <he...@hento.ca> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to begin page numbering at a certain number within
> a multi page document. I want to start at page 3 which is actually about
> 8 pages into my document.

the easiest way is to open the 'insert/fields/other' dialog, choose 'page'
 from the list of types and enter 2 into the 'offset' field. or you can
edit an already created page number field by plasing the caret before it
and clicking 'edit/fields'.

however, that doesn't work smoothly by default when the page is to bear a
number greater than the total ammount of pages in your document (e.g. p. 7
of your document, which is to be labelled p. 9). to overcome this, do the
following:

select the first paragraph of the page that is to be p. 3, open
'format/paragraph/text flow', switch on both 'insert' and 'with page
style' and enter what you need (and not zero, which is default) under
'page number'.

after that the offset feature begins working properly. however, there is
no more need to make use of that feature because you could just put the
proper value into the said 'page number' field.

Re: [Nothing to do with] Page numbers

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 10:54 03/07/2013 -0500, Gaspar Núñez wrote:
>is it possible to copy data from calc into write[r] as a table?

There appear to be many ways to do this.  Copy
the range from the spreadsheet and use Edit |
Paste Special... (or right-click | Paste
Special... or Ctrl+Shift+V) instead of ordinary
Paste.  In the Paste Special dialogue, choose from:

o HTML (HyperText Markup Language)

o DDE link
Note that this creates a link to the spreadsheet
data, so the values in the text document will
change to reflect changes in the
spreadsheet.  You can break this link later if you wish.

o Formatted text [RTF]

o Unformatted text
In this case, the data is pasted separated by tab
characters.  Now select all this data and go to
Table | Insert > | Table... .  A table is formed including the data.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Page numbers

Posted by Gaspar Núñez <nu...@gmail.com>.