Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tim Neukum <ne...@olin.wustl.edu> on 2003/12/04 03:12:09 UTC

odd send recieve behavior

I've got my james server up and running but this is very odd.
Some domains accept email sent to them but can't send to me and vice
versa.

For example I can send to user_at_olin.wustl.edu from mydomain.com but I
can't send from user_at_olin.wustl.edu to mydomain.com . The olin
account uses it's own smtp server but I'm using james as my smtp server
for mydomain.com.

As another example I can send from mydomain.com to yahoo.com and
likewise send from yahoo.com to mydomain.com. Obviously this is the
desired behavior.

In a message from postmaster_at_mydomain.com I get a message about not
being able to deliver to user_at_netscape.net

"Could not connect to SMTP host mailin-02.mx.netscape.net., port: 25"

But on the other hand user_at_netscape.net can send mail to
mydomain.com.

What is going on here??!??

Tim