Posted to user@hive.apache.org by 郭士伟 <gu...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/24 10:01:35 UTC

Hive can I contribute to Hive confluence wiki documents?

I have used a configuration property 'hive.cache.expr.evaluation' in hive
0.12 recently and found it useful. But I cannot find any documents about it
on the wiki page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Configuration+Properties.
Indeed, I pick it up from the source code.

I think it maybe useful for other hive users if I can write some documents
about the property.

So, can anyone give me some pointers that how can I make the change happen ?

Thanks, anyway.

Re: Hive can I contribute to Hive confluence wiki documents?

Posted by 郭士伟 <gu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for no reply for so long.

I found this feature can cause some problem if some UDF did not implemented
properly.
When we using UDF, this feature requires that a UDF implement a
'getDisplayString' method which returns a unique string that can represent
the UDF and it's input parameters. The unique 'displayString' is used as
key for the evaluation cache. So, problem happen when those two criteria
are satisfied:
1. We use more than one UDF in one hql session
2. The 'getDisplayString' method of the UDFs in use return same string for
different UDFs.

I think it's worth to point this dependency out in the UDF related
documents or 'cache.expr.evaluation' document.

Posted by 郭士伟 <gu...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think.

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com>.