Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 04:32:06 UTC

Re: Karaf WebConsole

+1 to Guillaume; I also think that this is a quite general project.
But still, using e.g. pax-wicket would allow to define
easy-to-understood OSGi extension points to the UI which should make
the webconsole easier to adapt and extend for more specific use cases
(and e.g. without embedding/adapting the webconsole code) as we do
now. In addition, a framework (such as wicket) would ("automatically")
create a much clearer structure between html, css, js, ... (as Charles
pointed out as a problem)

But would e.g. Felix or Sling use a wicket based webconsole?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Re: Karaf WebConsole

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I guess one way would be to go to dev@felix.a.o and ask about a
possible rewrite of the console based on pax-wicket.
The sling console is also based on the felix one, so you should be
able to reach everyone involved I'd think.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Karaf WebConsole