Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Chris Trobridge <ch...@aepnetworks.com> on 2007/12/04 12:14:14 UTC

[ApacheDS] ;binary for certificates

I've installed Apache DS 1.02 and tried importing an ldif file
containing X.509 certificates.

This fails with "usercertificate;binary not found in attribute registry!".

Removing the ;binary suffix results in the certificate being stored
successfully in the directory as binary.

The problem is that clients are still searching with the ;binary
suffix.  The clients are long-time deployed, embdded and this isn't
something that's configurable.

Curiously the schema browser (Apache Directory Studio) describes the
usercertifcate attribute as "RFC2256: X.509 user certificate, use ;binary".

Am I missing something?  Is there a workaround or does this get fixed in
1.5?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: [ApacheDS] ;binary for certificates

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chirs,

sadly, we are not supporting the ";binary" extension in 1.0.2 nor in 1.5.

We expect to support in in 2.0.

On 12/4/07, Chris Trobridge <ch...@aepnetworks.com> wrote:
> I've installed Apache DS 1.02 and tried importing an ldif file
> containing X.509 certificates.
>
> This fails with "usercertificate;binary not found in attribute registry!".
>
> Removing the ;binary suffix results in the certificate being stored
> successfully in the directory as binary.
>
> The problem is that clients are still searching with the ;binary
> suffix.  The clients are long-time deployed, embdded and this isn't
> something that's configurable.
>
> Curiously the schema browser (Apache Directory Studio) describes the
> usercertifcate attribute as "RFC2256: X.509 user certificate, use ;binary".
>
> Am I missing something?  Is there a workaround or does this get fixed in
> 1.5?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Cordialement,