Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by THADC <ti...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/19 14:30:01 UTC

Document Count Difference Between Solr Versions 4.7 and 7.3

Hi,

I performed a bulk reindex against one of our larger databases for the first
time using solr 7.3. The document count was substantially less (like at
least 15% less) than our most recent bulk reindex from th previous solr 4.7
server. I will perform a more careful analysis, but I am assuming the
document count should not be different against the same database, even
accounting for the schema updates required for going from 4.7 to 7.3.

Any response appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Document Count Difference Between Solr Versions 4.7 and 7.3

Posted by David Hastings <ha...@gmail.com>.
monitor the logging on the admin interface while indexing.  also make sure
to add a commit when done to get the docs in the collection before
comparing the document counts

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.

: I performed a bulk reindex against one of our larger databases for the first
: time using solr 7.3. The document count was substantially less (like at
: least 15% less) than our most recent bulk reindex from th previous solr 4.7
: server. I will perform a more careful analysis, but I am assuming the
: document count should not be different against the same database, even
: accounting for the schema updates required for going from 4.7 to 7.3.

Was the exact same souce data used in both cases?  ... you mentioned "most
recent bulk reindex" but it's not clear if the source data changed since
that last index job.

what does your bulk indexing code look like? does it log errors from solr?

were there any errors in the solr logs?

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/