Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sly_cardinal <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/19 08:43:31 UTC

Redirection problem after login

Hi,
I've seen this mentioned in a couple of places, unfortunately without
resolution:

A successful login, after attempting to access secure content, redirects the
user to the previous page instead of the requested page. Login

from an index page works as expected - it only occurs when authorisation is
required after attempting to navigate to secure content.

Simple example of what is happening:
- User logs in, navigates to page1.
- Session is lost (either timeout or server restart).
- User attempts to navigate to page2.
- Tomcat redirects to login page; user logs in.
-- At this point Tomcat should process the previous request and navigate to
page2; instead it returns to page1.

I suspect this is a similar problem:
http://www.nabble.com/No-redirection-after-successfull-form-submit-tf192009.html#a535182
however we're just using <t:commandNavigation2> and simple navigation cases:

faces-config.xml:
<navigation-rule>
        <navigation-case>
            <from-outcome>go_agent_list</from-outcome>
            <to-view-id>/agent/agentList.jsp</to-view-id>
        </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

In JSP page:
<t:commandNavigation2 value="Agent List" action="go_agent_list" />

We're using container-based login on Tomcat 5.5.20, but given the uncommon
occurrence of this issue I am wondering if this is a configuration

issue that is causing Tomcat to return to the previously requested page?

Security defined in web.xml:
  <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>
         <web-resource-name>Secure</web-resource-name>
          <url-pattern>/home/*</url-pattern>
         <http-method>POST</http-method>
         <http-method>GET</http-method>
      </web-resource-collection>