Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2006/02/20 21:38:12 UTC

[m2] runtime error

After installing maven2.0.2 and verifying with mvn -v command I try to
create a project file with archetype command and I get the following
error, what is the cause of this?

C:\ST\Components\xrite-commons>mvn --version
Maven version: 2.0.2

C:\ST\Components\xrite-commons>mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DartifactId=my-app
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not
be retri
eved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
-
---
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does
not exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO]
-
---
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Feb 20 15:34:47 EST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Re: [m2] runtime error

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi there,

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs-1
and look for the question "How do I resolve the " < plugin name > does
not exist or no valid version " error?"

This might helps

-allan
__