Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2004/06/26 05:54:21 UTC

Outdated infor about Cocoon in main apache site

Hi:

I noted the info in main apache website about cocoon is outdated:

http://www.apache.org/foundation/projects.html

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Outdated infor about Cocoon in main apache site

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> I noted the info in main apache website about cocoon is outdated:
>
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/projects.html

I recently updated the left-hand panel to give a better
mouse-over tip. In response to your observation i added
to the "site" CVS today:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/site/xdocs/foundation/projects.xml

To the top panel, added a concise phrase based on the
top of our home page.

Changed the description to that from Cocoon 2.1 index.html
(Why isn't that on the Cocoon homepage?) I used only the
first two paragraphs - was tempted to add the fifth para.

However, that loses some important phrases from the old
* "Designed for performance and scalability around pipelined SAX
processing"
* "centralized configuration system and sophisticated caching"

We should try to merge those back again.

BTW, anyone can send patches for the top-level main website
via the Infrastructure Jira issues tracker.

--
David Crossley