Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by amit <am...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/01 12:13:57 UTC

index solr using jquery AJAX

Is is possible to index (add/update) solr using jquery AJAX?
I am trying with jasonp first, but no luck.
try {
            $.ajax({
                type: "POST",
                url:
"http://192.168.10.113:8080/solr/update/json?commit=true",
                data: { "add": { "doc": { "id": "222222", "name": "Ruby on
Trails"}} },
                contentType: "application/json",
                dataType: 'jsonp',
                crossDomain: true,
                jsonp: 'json.wrf',
                success: function (data) { alert(data); },
                failure: function (errMsg) {
                    alert(errMsg);
                }
            });
        }
        catch (err) {
            alert(err);
        }

Xml update is not working because the solr server is a different domain. I
have tried to use CORS filter on tomcat but that's also not working.
http://software.dzhuvinov.com/cors-filter-installation.html

Please suggest.

Re: index solr using jquery AJAX

Posted by Luis Cappa Banda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

In that case try again with a JSON array and check if:

1. The request arrives to Solr server. In that case, copy&paste the log
traces here.
2. The request is never executed. Analyze with Firebug in your browser.

Regards,

    Luis Cappa.

Posted by amit <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luis

Posted by Luis Cappa Banda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by amit <am...@gmail.com>.
I am using solr 3.6 version.

Posted by Luis Cappa Banda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Are you using Solr 4.0 version? If you are using the last Solr 4.0 version
the endpoint url appears to be bad formed. Try with:

http://192.168.10.113:8080/solr/update?commit=true<http://192.168.10.113:8080/solr/update/json?commit=true>

Regards,

Luis Cappa.

Posted by Luis Cappa Banda <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello, Amit.

Yes, it´s posible. Try to put your data in a JSON Array, not just a single
JSON Object, even if you are indexing just a single JSON - That´s the trick.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Luis Cappa.