Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@msn.com> on 2011/11/15 08:35:14 UTC

RE: Gettng Into the New Bugzilla

Assuming that you previously had a password on the OO.o Bugzilla, when you go
to the http://issues.apache.org/ooo you should see the page that comes up for
a non-logged in user.

If you had an OO.o ID before, the account name will be ooo-id@ openoffice.org.
(E.g., where ooo-id = NoOp, if you had that.)

The Forgot Password link on the top of the page changes the main page to one
with a Login: field and a Reset Password button.  Type the full e-mail address
made from your OO.o ID there.  Or, if you always had a different e-mail as
your ID for bugzilla, type that there.

That should take you through to the screen that says a token for changing your
password has been emailed to you.

Follow the link in the email.

Put in a password (twice). When I did this I used my old password, since I had
it in my password safe.

Submit.  When you get the "Your Password has been changed" your account is
restored.  That means your "My bugs" history is restored, and you can be
reached through all of the appearance of your User Name in existing bug
reports.

If you used a non-OO.o email, you are done.

If you used an ooo-id@ openoffice.org, that email will cease working soon.
Now is a good time to change your ID:

Click "Home".

Click "Log In" on the BZ Home Page.

Enter the full e-mail address and the password next to the Log in button.

When that takes, click "Preferences"

You should have an option to change your e-mail address.  Use an address that
you don't mind having be visible on bug reports.  Also change the optional
"Your real name" though it is probably defaulted to NoOp.

Go through that ritual, without changing your password.

This should send an e-mail to the old and to the new address.  Ignore the one
to the old (@openoffice.org) address.  Do the confirming reply at the new
address.  This will cause the new address to become the new identifier of your
account, but all of the old associations will be preserved.

 - Dennis

PS: More remodeling to come, I believe.  I just logged out and took myself
through this drill.  I don't have an @openoffice.org address as my account any
longer, so I can't do the email change again.   I am not sure if that means I
am now stuck with the ID I changed to 24 hours ago.

Posted by NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net>.
> Assuming that you previously had a password on the OO.o Bugzilla, when you go
> to the http://issues.apache.org/ooo you should see the page that comes up for
> a non-logged in user.
>
> If you had an OO.o ID before, the account name will be ooo-id@ openoffice.org.
> (E.g., where ooo-id = NoOp, if you had that.)
Got it sorted out. Thanks.

Gary