Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by John D Groenveld <jd...@elvis.arl.psu.edu> on 2009/08/19 13:26:47 UTC

Re: compiling on Solaris

In message <00...@google.com>, megamic@gmail.com writes:
>I am trying to compile modperl2 on Solaris. I am using Perl5.10.0, and
>because the Solaris compiler seems to have difficulties compiling
>Perl5.10.0 extensions, I want to compile modperl2 using gcc. I am trying to

Which extensions?
I run RT with a SunStudio compiled Perl. RT has many CPAN dependencies.

>configure with this command:
>perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/apache2/bin/apxs CC=gcc CCFLAGS='-fPIC -O2'
>gmake CC=gcc
>
>However it still uses the Sun compiler when building. How can I ensure gcc
>is used to compile modperl2?

Make certain your custom built perl and Apache apxs are ahead of Sun's
in your path.

Your Apache should be built with the same compiler options as your
Perl.
modperl will segfault if 32-bit Perl and Apache don't similarly have
support for largefiles.

Happy hacking!
John
groenveld@acm.org