Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/08/27 02:36:55 UTC

Re: Posioned MX is a bad idea - Challenge

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote on Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:51:43 -0700:
>

>> I'm using it on 1600 domains and I've eliminated all
>> my spam bot spam.
>>

> Yeah, yeah, Marc, we know that, you don't have to repeat it each and every
> week :-)
>
> Kai

While you guy all talk about it - I've done it. It seems to me that if
you ignore reality with your theories that I'm proving wrong you're not
as likely to succeed as listening to someone who has done it.

For all you out there who don't believe that I can do this I can prove
it. Anyone want to put it to the test and see if what I'm saying isn't
true then contact me and you can see it happen yourself. The condition
is that you have to come back here and report the results.

So - who wan's to prove me wrong?

Re: Posioned MX is a bad idea - Challenge

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Marc Perkel wrote on Sun, 26 Aug 2007 17:36:55 -0700:

> So - who wan's to prove me wrong?

I'm sorry, but all the measures I take are not as restrictive as yours but
still I reject 90% or so of the spam before SA time. So, I don't see why I
should use wrong MXs, it's simply not necessary.

Anyway, I see if I have some time to check this out just for comparison, I
won't use it for longer.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany