Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.co.uk> on 2007/11/26 01:02:56 UTC

Maven 2 and JDK6

Hi all, I downloaded Maven 2.0.7 on a new installation. I'm running JDK 6 on Windows XP.

When I try to build anything, I get the following error:

C:\Projects\jemmaiel\rda\jboss-microcontainer>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=uk.co.jemos -DartifactId=jboss-microcontainer
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.codehaus.mojo' could not be retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Sun Nov 25 23:52:05 GMT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M

I looked on the internet and I found the following

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2792

Although it seems from JIRA that the issue has been fixed, could please someone of you confirm that Maven 2 actually works/doesn't work with JDK6?

I'm writing a project for my MSc and would like to use Maven as project management tool, but I need to be sure on the technology to use (i.e. if I can use JDK6 or I have to downgrade to JDK5).

Thank you for any answers.

M.

Re: Maven 2 and JDK6

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
Maven works fine with JDK6.  I use both the Sun JRE and BEA Jrockit JRE
with it every day.

Hi all, I downloaded Maven 2.0.7 on a new installation. I'm running JDK
6 on Windows XP.

When I try to build anything, I get the following error:

C:\Projects\jemmaiel\rda\jboss-microcontainer>mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=uk.co.jemos -DartifactId=jboss-microcontainer
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.codehaus.mojo' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring
file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]