Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Ridgway, Jamie Mr CONT USAAC" <JA...@USAAC.ARMY.MIL> on 2007/09/20 21:10:02 UTC

[U] Endpoint exception

UNCLASSIFIED////

I am attempting to create a CXF client to service and I am getting the
following error.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ENDPOINT
	at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.getDataWrit
er(AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.java:128)
	at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.writeParts(
AbstractOutDatabindingInterceptor.java:79)
	at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.BareOutInterceptor.handleMessage(BareOutInter
ceptor.java:68)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:207)
	at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:254)
	at
org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ClientImpl.invoke(ClientImpl.java:205)
	at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy.invokeSync(ClientProxy.java:73)
	at
org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:135)
	at $Proxy42.validate(Unknown Source)
	at
mil.army.usaac.services.formsvalidation.FormsValidationTest.testValidate
(FormsValidationTest.java:66)
	at
a:39)
	at
Impl.java:25)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.executeMethodBody(TestMethod
Runner.java:99)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runUnprotected(TestMethodRun
ner.java:81)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAf
terRunner.java:34)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.runMethod(TestMethodRunner.j
ava:75)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestMethodRunner.run(TestMethodRunner.java:45
)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.invokeTestMethod(TestC
lassMethodsRunner.java:66)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassMethodsRunner.run(TestClassMethodsRu
nner.java:35)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner$1.runUnprotected(TestClassRun
ner.java:42)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.BeforeAndAfterRunner.runProtected(BeforeAndAf
terRunner.java:34)
	at
org.junit.internal.runners.TestClassRunner.run(TestClassRunner.java:52)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4Tes
tReference.java:38)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.ja
va:38)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:460)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
stRunner.java:673)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
ner.java:386)
	at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
nner.java:196)

I have attempted to create the client using several approaches and I
can't seem to get any clues to why it is not working. I coded it just
like other CXF clients I have that are working. I am trying to replace
an existing Axis2 client that is working so I know the service works.

Anyone recognize this error?

Let me know if more info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jamie
UNCLASSIFIED////

[U] RE: Endpoint exception

Posted by "Ridgway, Jamie Mr CONT USAAC" <JA...@USAAC.ARMY.MIL>.
UNCLASSIFIED////

Forcing the updates worked.

I am not building from the trunk but I am using the 2.1-SNAPSHOTS. I ran
multiple cleans, however, I did not run force updates so now it makes
complete sense. I was focusing too much on the ENDPOINT field message.

Thanks again,
Jamie

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

[U] RE: Endpoint exception

Posted by "Ridgway, Jamie Mr CONT USAAC" <JA...@USAAC.ARMY.MIL>.
UNCLASSIFIED////

The other half of the equation, the server side error. Here is the error
resulting server (Xfire based service obviously) :

<Sep 20, 2007 2:32:12 PM EDT> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017>
<[weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext@13cb2c6 - appName:
'forms-validation-1', name: '/forms-validation', context-path:
'/forms-validation', version: 1.00.001] Root cause of ServletException.
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""
        at
java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.jav
a:48)
        at
weblogic.utils.http.HttpChunkInputStream.readChunkSize(HttpChunkInputStr
eam.java:116)
        at
weblogic.utils.http.HttpChunkInputStream.initChunk(HttpChunkInputStream.
java:71)
        at
weblogic.utils.http.HttpChunkInputStream.read(HttpChunkInputStream.java:
142)
        at
weblogic.utils.http.HttpChunkInputStream.read(HttpChunkInputStream.java:
182)
        at
weblogic.utils.http.HttpChunkInputStream.read(HttpChunkInputStream.java:
160)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletInputStreamImpl.read(ServletInputStream
Impl.java:183)
        at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Reader.loadMore(UTF8Reader.java:362)
        at com.ctc.wstx.io.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:110)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.io.ReaderBootstrapper.initialLoad(ReaderBootstrapper.java:2
45)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.io.ReaderBootstrapper.bootstrapInput(ReaderBootstrapper.jav
a:132)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(WstxInputFactory.java:531)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:592)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:617)
        at
com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(WstxInputFactor
y.java:312)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.util.STAXUtils.createXMLStreamReader(STAXUtils.java:7
62)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.invoke(XFireSer
vletController.java:297)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService(XFire
ServletController.java:129)
        at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.doPost(XFireServlet.java:
116)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(St
ubSecurityHelper.java:225)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityH
elper.java:127)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:2
83)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:1
75)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.r
un(WebAppServletContext.java:3214)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
bject.java:321)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServ
letContext.java:1983)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletCont
ext.java:1890)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
:1344)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)