Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/01 07:29:13 UTC

Re: Row Versions in Apache Hbase

Hi Ted,

  This is my use case. I have to store values like this is it possible?

RowKey | Values

1212   | 10,11,12

1212  | 13, 14, 15

1212  | 16,27,28

Thanks

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
I meet similar problem too.

This is my practice:

After logs were collected,  i will use one MR job to process this logs, and
store them into hbase,
RowKey                                Column
date + userId                      List of urls

Because urls list is very large, i do compress on it.

So if i need one person's urls history in one day,  it is only one GET

If i need one person's urls history in some days,  it is a scan,  and
because rows number is not large, scan is fast.

Hopes it will be helpful.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi chen,

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
So, why not

1212-xxx    20
1212-yyy    21
1212-zzz    22

Posted by Rajeshkumar J <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Heng Chen <he...@gmail.com>.
why not

1212 | 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 27,  28 ?