Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Klaas Bals <kl...@bals.be> on 2004/01/11 23:13:00 UTC

Working with offline stores

I can't find an answer to my question anywhere elso, hence this message.

Can I use slide in the following scenario:

I have a slide running on a central server and I also have a slide on my
laptop that can be used when I'm working offline. I want to be able to
make changes to the offline instance and be able to 'replicate' them to
the central server whenever I hook-up again. (Possibly the same resource
has been changed both on the server as on my laptop, so merging the
resource might be neccesary, with manual intervention of course.)

If it is not yet available in slide today, is it built in the architecture?

Thanks,
Klaas Bals

Re: Working with offline stores

Posted by Klaas Bals <kl...@bals.be>.
Thanks both of you... I'll see what I can find!

Thanks again,
Klaas Bals

Posted by Mike Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
Amen!

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
Hello Klaas,

Posted by Mike Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
We are doing something along those lines in our solutions.  We have
built a "Secondary" store that our "Primary" store calls through an
"Inversion of Control" design pattern registry.  The primary store then
handles all that instance's transactions, and upon success, saves the
request to a "queue" where the secondary store can pick it up and apply
it to one or more JXTA peers (Other Slide instances).  We have a lot of
work to do on it, but that is the way we are doing it.

Ollie