Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/11 22:54:11 UTC

[ACS430] Instances / network unable to access external network until an egress rule has been applied

I'm trying to find out if a bug we experience is known and fixed in a later
version or not.

We're running ACS/CCP 4.3.0 on XenServer 6.2, with advanced networking
(VLAN isolated).

The problem is that whenever a network is created or restarted it won't
allow external access before an egress rule has been applied and deleted
again.

I suspect this is because of wrong iptables rules being applied on startup,
and that the rule addition/removal reconfigures it to be correct.

I've done some initial searching in jira, but not found anything.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or are able to find any
commits/issues that matches this issue?

--
Erik

Re: [ACS430] Instances / network unable to access external network until an egress rule has been applied

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Cool, thanks :-)

Erik

Den fredag 14. november 2014 skrev Jan-Arve Nygård <
jan.arve.nygard@gmail.com> følgende:

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
Hi Erik,

I've experiance similar behavior, but in my case, doing a stop/start from
CloudStack of VR did solve the problem. I'm still not sure if rebooting the
VR via SSH instead of using CloudStack API was root cause of the problem.

*Pierre-Luc DION*
t 855.652.5683

*CloudOps* Votre partenaire infonuagique* | *Cloud Solutions Experts
w cloudops.com *|* tw @CloudOps_