Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ejml <el...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/15 14:33:29 UTC

Re: Integrating Spam assasin with exchange server.

Hello Steven,

I'm very interesting about how I can forward the message with the header
rewritten to final user because I get only a warning spam arrival message.
Is there some parameters that I'm forgetting?.

Thanks.

Posted by Steven Stern <su...@sterndata.com>.

On 05/15/2008 07:33 AM, ejml wrote:
| Hello Steven,
|
| I'm very interesting about how I can forward the message with the header
| rewritten to final user because I get only a warning spam arrival message.
| Is there some parameters that I'm forgetting?.
|
| Thanks.
|
| Steven Stern wrote:
|> Crespillo, Matias wrote:
|>> I apologize in advance for making a lazy question, but is there a quick
|>> guide somewhere as to how to integrate Spam Assassin with an exchange
|>> server? Or maybe some way to set it in a way it will get the mails
|>> before,
|>> filter and then forward them to exchange unchanged?.
|>>
|>> Thanks a lot in advance.
|>>
|> We have spamassassin sitting in front of the exchange server.
|>
|> Basically, the MX record for our domains point to Linux boxes. On each
|> of those boxes, we're running SpamAssassin and ClamAV. SpamAssassin uses
|> a site wide, SQL based Bayes database local to each box, with a few
|> tricks to help synchronize mail reclassified by Exchange users as ham or
|> spam.
|>
|> Only after passing through the MX servers does mail arrive at Exchange.
|>  (The firewall permits SMTP connections from the MX servers only.)  On
|> Exchange, we're using Symantec AV to provide another layer of virus
|> protection.
|>
|> We don't forward the mail unchanged. If mail is spam, the headers are
|> re-written to put "*SPAM?*" at the front of the subject line and to make
|> the original message an attachment.  Of course, if the mail isn't marked
|> as spam, it's transparent to the users.

In /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

# Whether to change the subject of suspected spam
~ rewrite_header subject *SPAM _SCORE_*
# Encapsulate spam in an attachment
report_safe             1

- --