Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Atita Arora <at...@gmail.com> on 2022/10/26 15:46:14 UTC

Suggestion to rename 'isAlphaNumopt' param

Hi all,
This is my first time writing to the forum and made a few small
contributions to the project under the due guidance of my colleague Jeff
Zemerick.
While going through the documentation and related implementation, I wanted
to float an idea of renaming the TrainingParam 'isAlphaNumopt' to
'skipAlphaNumopt' to make more sense of what it actually does.
As per help doc:

-alphaNumOpt isAlphaNumOpt
                Optimization flag to skip alpha numeric tokens for
further tokenization

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,
Best,
Atita

Re: Suggestion to rename 'isAlphaNumopt' param

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Hi Atita, thanks for your recent contributions.

I support Atita's suggestion that skipAlphaNumOpt is a better name for the
parameter since it is more descriptive. This came out of OPENNLP-1387 [1]
for getting the documentation consistent with the code.

I'm +1 to the change.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-1387