Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "David M. Karr" <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 02:53:05 UTC

What does it mean when a plugin element doesn't have a groupId element?

In "Maven: The Definitive Guide", there is a pom.xml sample like this:

-----------------
<plugin>
   <configuration>
     <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
   </configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
   <configuration>
     <descriptorRefs>
       <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
     </descriptorRefs>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Re: What does it mean when a plugin element doesn't have a groupId element?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I noticed that all the references to "maven-assembly-plugin" do not have a
> "groupId" value.  Why doesn't this have a "groupId" value, and what is the
> impact of that?

The default for plugins is o.a.m.p (org.apache.maven.plugins). Its
generally a good idea to include groupIds, but not absolutely required
if you are using o.a.m.p plugins.

Wayne