Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Damiano Albani <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/26 11:36:18 UTC

Uploading new Maven artifacts for Batik 1.8 (and FOP?)

Hello,

Batik 1.8 has been released recently, fixing a security vulnerability in
particular.
Could you upload the updated Maven artifacts for Batik to the central
repository?

And what about FOP? The latest version available in the repository is 1.1,
which has a specific dependency on Batik 1.7.
Shouldn't this be updated as well?

Damiano Albani

Re: Uploading new Maven artifacts for Batik 1.8 (and FOP?)

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
I plan to push the jars to maven central, but I would like to address
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BATIK-989 first since apparently
some people also want the sources... Maybe next week...

The sources for 1.7 were pushed by a non Batik committer (see
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-602), so yes, it is possible.

Posted by Damiano Albani <da...@gmail.com>.
Hello Chris,

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Damiano,

There are plans to release FOP in the future, but we were hoping PDFBox
would release its next version v2.0.0 before we release FOP. The exact
timing of the release is still being discussed.

Anyone can upload artifacts to Maven central, it doesn't need to be a
batik/XMLGraphics committer

Thanks,

Chris