Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Bill Wade <bi...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/12/04 20:57:52 UTC

CloudStack and Cisco APIC integration

I’ll preface this with, “this is an End user question”.. I’m working with a private cloud provider who is looking to use CloudStack for their compute and storage orchestration and use Cisco APIC with the Nexus 9k switches for the network provisioning.  I’m new to the “SDN/NFV” space and looking around I don't see support for Cisco APIC with CloudStack.  Any one have experience with these two working together?  Can CloudStack step aside and let APIC provision the network?  I'm seeing the potential for provisioning conflicts here.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: CloudStack and Cisco APIC integration

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Bill,

CloudStack provides pluggable framework - which in theory should
accomplish what you are doing.

In some cases, it may need to be part of the core, this question is
better suited for DEV mailing list. There are many integrations in SDN
space that are coming along and have already been commited to upstream
master branch, you can them as point of reference if you were to design
something similar.

Regards
ilya

One other industry trend that may happen in the near future - project