Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/30 00:47:55 UTC

About operation managed by the AdministrativePointInterceptor

  Hi,

currently only the Add, Delete and Modify operation are managed by the
AdministrativePointInterceptor, as any operation like move, rename,
moveAndRename are just a combinaison of delete + add.

It would be better to support all of them, but as of today, it would be
too complicated (I mean, it would also take more time than we have).

Of course, this is a choice, but I believe that it does not limit the
administration of the server for such infrequent tasks.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: About operation managed by the AdministrativePointInterceptor

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> currently only the Add, Delete and Modify operation are managed by the
> AdministrativePointInterceptor, as any operation like move, rename,
> moveAndRename are just a combinaison of delete + add.
IMO add, delete and modify are sufficient (just like the way we manage
schema with add and delete)

> It would be better to support all of them, but as of today, it would be too
> complicated (I mean, it would also take more time than we have).
>
> Of course, this is a choice, but I believe that it does not limit the
> administration of the server for such infrequent tasks.
yeah, exactly

thanks Emmanuel

Kiran Ayyagari

Re: About operation managed by the AdministrativePointInterceptor

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
  On 7/31/10 11:11 AM, Ersin Er wrote:
> As far as I remember the spec does not allow this.

I would be interested in having any reference that confirm this. I don't
want to waste time to implement those operations, if it's not supported ...

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Ersin ER

Re: About operation managed by the AdministrativePointInterceptor

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.

--
Ersin ER